Matcha green tea is a high quality powdered tea. It's harvested from the young leaves of the tea plant, steamed, stemmed, the vines taken out, and then ground into a powder. It retains its brilliant green color, and it turns whatever you make in to a bright green shade.
- Said to have calming properties
- Can boost concentration and memory
- Increased energy
- Boosts the immune system
- Lower LDL cholesterol
- Raises HDL cholesterol
Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
This recipe calls for sugar, but you can use a substitute if you'd prefer.
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 2 teaspoon sugar or sweetener
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup cold milk or 1 ½ cups hot milk
- Place matcha green tea powder and sugar in a cup.
- Add warm water and mix well with a spoon or whisk. It will get lumpy, but keep mixing until it is a paste.
- Warm the milk in a pan over low heat and pour in to the matcha mixture. Or use cold water for a cool drink.
- Sprinkle some extra powder on top if desired. If serving cold, you can pour over ice.
Aside from the many health benefits, this matcha green tea latte recipe is really easy to make and tastes great!
If you like this recipe, then you'll love these:
|Moroccan Green Tea Cocktail or Mocktail|
|Matcha Orange Mocktail|