This recipe is adapted from a recipe at Soap Deli News. I adopted it to fit the ingredients that I had on hand and calculated the liquid measurement where she gives the recipe in drops for the oils.
I have one more recipe to post tomorrow, so be sure to sign up for my newsletter if you don't want to miss a post.
How to Make Cream Eyeshadow
What You Need
- 8 beeswax pastilles
- 1 teaspoon shea butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon glycerin
- 2 teaspoons powder eyeshadow
- Cotton swab
- Small jar with lid
- Place beeswax, shea butter, and oils in a small glass Pyrex measuring cup.
- Microwave at 10 second intervals until melted. I had some shea butter that didn't want to melt after 20 seconds, so I just stirred it until they melted.
- Let cool for a few minutes but don't let it harden.
- I put my eyeshadw in the container and added the oils to it. I added a little bit at a time until all of the eyeshadow was incorporated. I did it this way because I only used about 1/4 of a teaspoon of powder. I saved the base to make more shadow later. If you want to mix two or more colors, it's best to do this before combining with the base.
- Let sit to harden before using.
This goes on my skin very smooth, and it has great coverage.
I love the fact that this has shea butter and vitamin E oil to nourish my skin. Both are very important for healthy skin, especially in the eye area.
This is a great recipe, and I will make it again.