I love the app Timehop. It's so much fun looking back over the years since I've had Facebook over 6 years now. I like seeing my photos, status updates, and conversations with friends. Today, my Timehop showed the gifts I'd made for teachers last year. I remember that day very well. I was so far behind schedule with Christmas, blogging, my Etsy shop, and general life. By the time I got the teacher gifts done before the last day of school before break, I had had more caffeine than any human should ingest in a week let alone a day. I think I finished about 4 a.m., and I was terrified that we would oversleep and miss the bus!
This year, I've got a much better handle on things. I wouldn't say that I'm prepared for Christmas, but I do have a solid plan to get me there. Do you ever have that nagging feeling that you're forgetting something? Or are you one that likes to keep spare gifts on hand just in case? If so, you'll love this easy recipe for peppermint mocha sugar scrub. You can also make it for yourself because I'm sure that you need some pampering right now too!
Links in this post may be affiliate links, which means that I earn a small commission from sales.
I created this because I love coffee scrubs so much, and I love peppermint mocha drinks. The coffee grounds have caffeine, which is great for your skin. The sugar gently scrubs. Use brown sugar if you have sensitive skin and white sugar if you need a lot of scrubbing powder. If you fall in between, mix them about half and half. The peppermint awakens your senses and smells great. Make a few batches of these to keep a few gifts on hand for unexpected company.
Peppermint Mocha Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup already brewed coffee grounds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or white sugar (or mix them together)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons carrier oil (I like grapeseed oil, but olive oil will also work)
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 8-ounce mason jar
- Save coffee grounds from brewed coffee. Spread out on a paper towel and let dry completely. This will take at least a day, depending on the humidity in your house.
- Combine dried coffee grounds, brown sugar, and cocoa powder. Stir well.
- Add the carrier oil and peppermint essential oil and stir well.
To use, scoop about a tablespoon and rub over skin in a circular motion. Rinse well. If you don't like the excess oil, use before showering.