Thank you to The Vitamin Shoppe for providing the argan oil for this recipe and for sponsoring the giveaway. As always, all opinions are my own.
Argan oil is one of my favorite oils for hair. I use a shampoo and conditioner with argan oil in it regularly, but I wanted to try making my own hair mask. When The Vitamin Shoppe asked if I wanted to try some of their new carrier oils to make a new recipe, I knew just what to make. This DIY hair mask recipe is perfect for dry, damaged hair.
Argan oil tames frizzy hair and makes hair shine. It works great by itself, and you can rub a drop or two in your palms and apply all over your hair for smoother, shinier hair.
What You Need
- 4 Tablespoons chamomile infused coconut oil*
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 2 teaspoons argan oil
- 4 drops rosemary essential oil
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- 4-ounce mason jar
- Melt the coconut oil and shea butter in a Pyrex measuring cup on high heat.
- Add argan oil and stir.
- When it cools slightly, add both essential oils and stir again.
- Pour in to a 4-ounce mason jar.
*I infused my coconut oil with chamomile for the extra benefits for my hair. Read how to infuse oils here.
Use this hair mask once or twice a week to soften and smooth hair. Apply to dry hair and comb through your hair. Let sit at least 20 minutes, but I like to let it sit for closer to an hour. Rinse well and wash hair as usual.
Want to make your own? The Vitamin Shoppe is giving away one 1.7-ounce bottle of argan oil for one US-based winner! Good luck!