Mother's Day is this Sunday, but I'm going to feature a Father's Day recipe because it takes two weeks to steep before it can be used. This will give you plenty of time to gather the ingredients and get it made for your father, hubby, or other special man in your life.
You might want to double this men's aftershave recipe to make some for yourself. After you strain it, it makes an excellent scalp cleaner and hair rinse if you have oily or normal dark hair. Don't try this on light hair because it could stain your hair.
If you still need Mother's Day ideas, try these easy DIY beauty recipes for mom. You can make them in an afternoon, and what mom doesn't need a little pampering?
DIY Spicy Aftershave for Men Recipe
What You Need
- 1 cup unflavored vodka
- 1 cup witch hazel
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh peppermint
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 strips of fresh orange peel, cut in to spirals
- 2 strips fresh lemon peel, cut in to spirals
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin
- 10 drops orange essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in a pint or quart mason jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Let it steep in a dark place for 2 weeks. Shake daily.
- Strain the solids out of the mixture and save the liquid.
Since this men's aftershave recipe doesn't have water, you can store it on the shelf. Use within 6 weeks.
If you want to make it pretty for yourself, you can add more citrus peels after you strain it.
To use a men's aftershave, apply to face with a cotton pad after shaving. To use as a scalp cleaner or hair rinse, apply after washing. Rinse well.
Do not use this on sensitive, sunburnt, windburnt, or damaged skin.