You've no doubt heard about the benefits of grapefruit for your body, but did you know that grapefruit also has a lot of skin benefits? It's true! That's why I included grapefruit juice, grapefruit essential oil, and grapefruit zest in this sugar scrub recipe. Grapefruit extracts can help reduce inflammation in your skin, so it's great for acne prone skin. Grapefruit extracts can raise the pH of your skin, which can also help reduce acne. Grapefruit is high in vitamin C and lycopene, which can reduce free radicals. Grapefruit is naturally antibacterial, so this makes a great foot scrub to keep your feet soft. The sugar exfoliates dead skin cells, while the coconut oil moisturizes your skin naturally.
Grapefruit Sugar Scrub Ingredients
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit zest
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 10 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 1 drop pink or orange food coloring (optional)
- Mason jar
Grapefruit Sugar Scrub Directions
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and coconut oil and mix well. If you're making this in the winter or if your coconut oil is solid, you may want to heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften it.
- Add the grapefruit essential oil, grapefruit juice, and grapefruit essential oil. Stir well.
- Add the food coloring if desired.
- Place in an airtight container. I use mason jars.
Since this recipe has grapefruit juice, it must be kept in the fridge. Trust me, it will feel amazing in the heat of the summer, especially on your feet! It will stay fresh up to three months.
This recipe will make 1.5 cups of grapefruit sugar scrub.