This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ItsMyMasterpiece #CollectiveBias
My regular readers probably know that I love to upcycle. I have an Etsy shop where I sell my upcycled projects because I make way too many things to keep for myself. I scour thrift stores, looking for dejected pieces that others have cast aside and no one wants. I bring them home, make them pretty, and give them a new life. When I saw the new Diet Coke Kaleidoscope IT'S MINE glass bottles, I knew that they would be perfect for upcycling. I wanted to make some fizzing bath salts, so I decided to use the Diet Coke bottle for a pretty container to store my bath salts.
The first thing that I noticed was how colorful they were. When I looked closer, I realized that they are all different designs! Let me tell you, it was not easy choosing one. I actually brought home four bottles because I couldn't choose just one.
Mother's Day is coming up, and I'll have three gifts to make. I love that the Diet Coke Kaleidoscope bottles are unique because I can match the bottle to each woman's personality for a truly unique gift, even if they get the same thing in their bottles.
Fizzing Bath Salts Recipe
What You Need
- 1 cups Epsom salts or sea salts (or a combination of the two)
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 4 drops food coloring, optional
- 8 drops fragrance oil, optional (I used strawberry but a cola scent would be super fun!)
1. Combine the salts, baking soda, and citric acid in a medium sized bowl.
2. Add food coloring and fragrance. It may clump, but you can stir out the clumps.
3. Stir very well.
4. Use a funnel to pour in to clean and dry Diet Coke bottle. Container must be dry or it will activate the citric acid and baking soda and start fizzing. Top with a cork to seal it.
To use, add 1/2 cup to your bath. Enjoy the fun fragrance and skin loving benefits of the salts and baking soda.
You can share your masterpiece by uploading your own photo to the Diet Coke Mosaic on the Coca Cola Website. Just click on Upload Your Photo at the top of the page to get started!