Links in this post my be affiliate links, which means that I earn a small commission from sales. I’ve added special discounts where I could for my readers.
- Easy to find in drugstores and department stores.
- Comes in many colors.
- Easy to apply.
- Great to use on your waterline.
- Smudges easily for the smokey look.
- Needs sharpened often.
- Some brands can be hard to apply, so they tug at your skin.
NYX Slide on Pencil (Amazon or Ulta with 4% cash back and $3.50 off $10)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (Amazon or Sephora with 4% cash back and free 2-day shipping)
- Lets you create a thin line for dramatic effects.
- Makes lashes look thicker.
- Easy to remove.
- Requires a steady hand and great accuracy.
- Steep learning curve.
- Can flake after a few hours.
- Needs time to dry.
L’Oreal Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner (Amazon or Ulta with 4% cash back and $3.50 off $10)
Makeup Forever Aqua Liquid Eyeliner (Amazon or Sephora with 4% cash back and free 2 day shipping)
Gel or Cream Eyeliner
- Easy to smudge.
- Creamy formula.
- Great for thick lines.
- Brush allows you to get precise lines.
- Can’t apply without a brush.
- You have to wash your brush regularly to avoid infections.
- The gel tends to dry out quickly.
Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (Amazon or Ulta with 4% cash back and $3.50 off $10)
MAC Fluid Eyeliner (Amazon)
I’ve also used my eyeshadow as an eyeliner if I want a very light look. I use an angled brush, wet it, and dip it in to my shadow. You can also use an eyeliner and use shadow to smudge around it. It doesn’t last as long as other liners, but it gives you a little bit of definition with a very natural look.
Which is your favorite of these different types of eyeliners?