Thank you to Paula's Choice and Pretty in My Pocket (PRIMP) for sponsoring this post.
Last week I turned 35, which means that I am closer to 40 than 30. While I wouldn't trade any of my life experiences to be in my 20s again, I do wish I could keep my skin looking like it did in my 20s I've taken great care of my skin and have used sunscreen since I was a teenager, so I don't think that I look my age. I do have some fine lines starting, but overall, I'd say that my skin looks great for my age.
When I was a teenager and in my 20s, my skin was very oily, and I would breakout a lot. After I had my babies, my skin changed to combination skin, but the oily T-zone wasn't as oily as it was before that. Thankfully, my face no longer breaks out, but I have very large pores. Other than the fine lines, my pore size is my top concern. I've tried several products that promise to make pores appear smaller, but none worked very well. Then I found Paula's Choice Resist line.
I've heard of Paula's Choice beauty products before, but I haven't had a chance to try them. When PRIMP asked me to be a part of their Paula's Choice campaign, I was really excited because I've heard so many positive things about their products. They have a lot of products, so I wasn't sure what would be best for my skin.
Fortunately for me and you, they offer a free personal consultation if you call 1-800-831-4088. The women who helped me was so nice and took the time to listen to my concerns, which were fine lines and large pores. I told her that I didn't have much acne, but she recommended the Paula's Choice Resist Anti-Aging. It's usually used on acne-prone skin, but she said that it would also help make my pores appear smaller. She also recommended adding the 1% Retinol Booster for my fine lines.
Even though I use several products on my face every day, getting an 8-piece skin care set was a little intimidating. I know I start with the cleanser, but do I exfoliate or tone after that? Do I use the serum before or after the moisturizer? No fear, friends, Paula's Choice includes a full instruction booklet and stickers so you can label each step!
Here's how my daily skin care routine looks:
- Resist Perfectly Balanced Cleanser - I use this first morning and evening. It's formulated to be anti-aging, and it works great to remove oil and makeup without stripped my skin or making it feel dry. It's a cream cleanser, but it gives me great suds and rinses clean.
- Resist Weightless Advanced Repair Toner - I apply this with a cotton pad after I cleanse. It boost collagen for firmer skin, helps reduce pore size, reduces redness, and improves skin tone and texture.
- Resist Daily Pore-Refining Treatment 2% BHA - I use this in the morning after my toner. It exfoliates deep to improve fine lines and unclogs pores.
- Resist Ultra-Light Daily Antioxidant Serum - I use this after toning in the evening. It has hyaluronic acid to protect and nourish skin while it fights signs of aging.
- Resist 1% Retinol Booster - I use 2 drops of this mixed with my moisturizer in the morning and evening. It has antioxidants and retinol to boost collagen production and repair damage.
- Resist Youth-Extending Daily Fluid SPF 50 - I use this lotion in the morning mixed with the retinol booster. It's light and goes on smooth. I love that it has a high SPF to protect my skin from further damage.
- Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator - I use this as a moisturizer in the evening. It helps clear my skin and also has proven anti-wrinkle ingredients for younger looking skin,
- Resist Weekly Retexture Foaming Treatment 4% BHA - I use this once a week for its anti-aging properties to keep my skin looking great.
I know that using 8 products seems like a lot, but it really only takes a few minutes. I was also afraid that that many products would be heavy on my skin, but my skin feels great. Not too dry, and not too oily.
I don't have many breakouts, so I can't say how well this works for acne, but I am extremely impressed with how it shrunk my pores. The second day I noticed that my pores looked smaller, but I was even more surprised that they continued to look smaller with each passing day for several days. I was using a pore filler before my makeup to fill in my pores and fine lines, but I stopped using that this week with my mineral foundation because I don't need it!
The entire Resist Super Kit is just $206, and the Retinol Booster is $50. I've spent more than that on just one product! Paula's Choice also has a 60 day 100% money back guarantee. They don't add any irritating fragrances or dyes, don't test on animals, and they have a line for every skin concern.
Ready to try Paula's Choice for yourself? As a Power Primper, I am sharing code PRIMPFALL20 to save 20% your entire purchase and get free shipping until December 31, 2015.
Don't forget to get the Pretty in My Pocket (PRIMP) app for your iPhone or Droid phone too. You can read reviews from top beauty bloggers and discover new products.
Have you used Paula's Choice? Leave your favorite product in the comments below.