I’m excited to share a post with you today that’s all about staying confident even when you’re battling a cold sore. When a cold sore strikes, I don’t feel or act like myself. With the holiday season approaching, I don’t want a cold sore to dampen my spirits or slow me down. That is why I keep Abreva® cream on hand to treat my cold sore at the very first sign. Read below to discover other simple ways you can keep your confidence high this holiday season.
It starts as a tingle on your lip. Pretty soon, that tingle turns into a painful and unsightly cold sore.
When I get a cold sore, I don't even want to leave the house. I feel like everyone will be staring at the blemish, which is so embarrassing! Luckily, I have a secret weapon in my medicine cabinet to help me so I don't have to hide at home. At the first sign of a tingle, I reach for Abreva® cream because it's the only FDA approved non-prescription cold sore medication, and it heals fast. The median healing time is 4.1 days, but you could heal it in as few as 2.5 days when used at the first sign. Yes, friends, instead of waiting up to a week to regain your confidence, you can be cold sore-free in just a few days!
While you're waiting for Abreva® cream to work, you don't want to walk around with an unsightly cold sore on your face. Thankfully, you can apply makeup over the medication. For best results, apply the cream to clean skin. After it dries, you can apply makeup. When it's time to reapply the medicine, be sure to remove your makeup so the cream can penetrate the skin.
How to Cover a Cold Sore
- Wash your hands and apply Abreva® cream directly to the cold sore. You want to apply enough to fully cover it, but not so much that it doesn't completely soak in to your skin. Wash your hands again after touching the cold sore.
- If you have redness, use a green or yellow-based concealer to neutralize the redness. Always apply the product with a cotton swab to prevent contaminating your concealer.
- Use a thick, creamy concealer in your skin tone to cover the blemish. Look for a formula that's sold in a jar or compact that is very concentrated for best coverage. Again, use a cotton swab to apply the product. Dab the product directly on the cold sore and blend the edges with your skin.
- Finish with a light dusting of powder applied with a cotton swab.
- If the cold sore is on your lip, you can apply lipstick over it. Be sure to use a cotton swab to apply it so you don't contaminate your entire tube of lipstick.
Abreva® cream should be used five times a day.
Abreva® cream also has a non-medicated invisible patch to cover cold sores. You can apply makeup right over it, and it lets air in while it keeps products away from your cold sore so it stays clean.
You could knock out your cold sore in 2.5 days*. Only Abreva® cream can do it, when you treat at the first sign**. Try Abreva® cream during your next cold sore! Click here to learn more about Abreva® cream
*Median healing time 4.1 days. 25% of users healed in 2.5 days.
**Among Over-the-counter products
What are your tips for staying confident through cold sore season?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post.
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post.
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 12/2/14 – 12/31/14.
Be sure to visit the Abreva® cream brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!