Those who know me know that I love coffee. My kids know not to talk to me until the first cup is half gone. That's probably why I love this DIY coffee scrub recipe so much. It smells heavenly, and it works great!
You have to use caffeinated coffee grounds because the caffeine stimulates circulation. Rubbing it in a circle also improve circulation, so this DIY coffee scrub recipe is said to help reduce the look of cellulite with weekly use.
DIY Coffee Scrub Recipe
What You Need
- 5 tablespoons caffeinated coffee grounds
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil (soy or jojoba oil also work well)
- Optional, add 2 drops orange essential oil or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract for fragrance
- Mix the coffee grounds and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add oil of your choice and stir well.
- Add fragrance if desired.
To use, scoop about 1/4 of a cup of the coffee scrub in your hands and gently rub in circles all over your body. This is a great scrub for your knees, elbows, and feet where your skin tends to get rough. Rinse well. You can use a body wash or soap to get rid of extra oil.
Don't use this face on your sensitive facial skin.
Get posts delivered to your inbox daily or weekly. Subscribe now!