I have oily skin that gets even oilier in the summer. Between the sweat and the humid air, my skin wasn't looking too well. This healing thyme elixir not only gets rid of extra oil, but it also heals skin and prevents acne. Each ingredient was carefully selected for its antiseptic, antibacterial, or healing properties.
This elixir works best on oily or acne prone skin. It might be too drying normal to dry skin.
To use, wash your face as normal and use a toner. While skin is still damp, rub 3 to 5 drops of this elixir all over your face and neck. Let rest for 5 minutes before applying makeup or moisturizer.
Healing Thyme Elixir for Acne Prone Skin
What You Need
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops thyme essential oil
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 8 drops chamomile essential oil
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut base oil
- Combine essential oils and hazelnut oil in a small glass jar with a dropper.
- Wrap your hand around the bottle and shake to combine. Your hand will transfer body heat, gently warming the elixir.
- Shake for 2 minutes.
- Set the bottle in a dark location between 60 degrees and 80 degrees for 24 hours so the oils can synergize.
Use within 6 months for maximum freshness.
You can use this twice a day or as needed for oily skin or acne.
photo via zole4 / freedigitalphotos.net
Get posts delivered to your inbox daily or weekly. Subscribe now!