I love body scrubs! This one has both white and brown sugar, so it's not as harsh as using just white sugar. It gently scrubs away dead skin cells to leave your skin glowing and looking refreshed. Use this before a spray tan or any time your skin needs a little TLC.
Since there's no water in this recipe, you don't have to store it in the fridge. It will last for 6 months, so it's perfect for gift giving. I like storing them in short wide-mouth mason jars so it's easy to get to.
This scrub has a unique sweet and spicy scent that lingers long after you wash off the scrub. You won't need any perfume to give off a subtle hint of fragrance throughout the day.
Links below may be affiliate links, which means that I earn a small commission.
Simply Sweet and Spicy Brown Sugar Scrub Recipe
What You Need
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil or soybean oil
- 2 teaspoons powdered cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons powdered nutmeg
- 40 drops cardamom essential oil
- Wide mouth jar
- Combine all ingredients except the essential oil in a medium bowl. Use a whisk to thoroughly blend it. Make sure there are no sugar lumps.
- Add the cardamom essential oil, blending after each drop.
- Spoon in to a container with a lid.
To use, wet skin. Apply 1/4 to 1/2 cup of this sweet and spicy brown sugar scrub to your skin. Massage in a circular motion. Rinse well.
Like sugar scrubs? Try this easy sugar scrub recipe, a lip scrub recipe, or a coconut facial scrub recipe.
photo credit: lovelihood via photopin cc