Mmmmm. This smells absolutely heavenly! The vanilla, brown sugar, and coconut mix for the perfect scent. Angels were singing. Or maybe my daughter was along with Frozen again.
This is another easy recipe that's perfect for gift-giving. Use this once a week all over your body to slough off dead skin and keep your skin looking - and smelling! - wonderful.
This recipe makes about 1 1/4 cups. You'll use between 1/4 and 1/2 cups each time, so you might want to double it.
Coconut oil is an excellent oil for your skin. Since it's thick at room temperature, it makes the scrub fairly thick as well. Don't worry though, the oil melts when it hits your body. If your home gets warm, the scrub will start to melt. It's perfectly fine to use it when it's a liquid. You can pop it in the fridge for a few minutes to firm it up before you use it if you want.
Links in this post may be affiliate links, which means that I earn a small commission.
Coconut and Vanilla Brown Sugar Body Scrub
What You Need
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil (unrefined)
- 15 drops of vanilla essential oil (you can substitute real vanilla extract)
- Wide mouth mason jar
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt coconut oil slightly. It doesn't need to be completely melted. If your house is warm, you can skip this step. This is just to make it easier to mix the sugar and oil.
- Use a whisk to mix the sugar and coconut oil. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the vanilla oil a few drops at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Store in a wide mouth jar with a lid.
Use within 6 months. Since there's no water, you don't need to store this in the fridge.
Scoop out 1/4 to 1/2 cup with your fingers and gently massage all over your body. Massage in circles to slough off dead skin and increase circulation. Not for use on your face. If you want a scrub for your face, try this gentle oatmeal facial scrub.
photo credit: lovelihood via photopin cc
Get posts delivered to your inbox daily or weekly. Subscribe now!