If you have normal to dry skin, this is an excellent facial scrub. It's so easy to make, and you can use it two or three times a week. The malic acid in the applesauce scrubs by chemically removing dead skin cells. It's almost like a natural chemical peel! The oils from the sunflower seeds nourish your skin.
This mask is gentle enough to use to use on dehydrated and sensitive skin. Do not use on sunburned skin or open cuts.
This makes enough for one scrub. Do not store leftovers. You can store the ground sunflower seeds so you can make it quicker the next time.
This is runny, so protect your clothes. Wear a headband or shower cap to keep your hair clean.
Sunflower and Apple Facial Scrub
What You Need
- 1 tablespoon ground sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon natural applesauce
- Mortar and pestle
- Use the mortar and pestle to grind the sunflower seeds in to a powder.
- Mix ground sunflower seeds and applesauce.
- Let thicken for 1 minutes.
- Spread on face and neck and let sit for 10 minutes before rinsing.