I feel like it's finally summer because we are setting up the pool today! It's one of those blue blobs, but it's the perfect size for the kids. When it's in the 90s, I think I'd jump in the pond for some relief. We had a few holes in it, so we're waiting on the patch kit to dry before we can fill it up. Hopefully we will be swimming tomorrow!
In honor of summer, here's another recipe with sunflowers. I love sunflowers, and they are my favorite flower! I plant several kinds of them around the edge of the garden. I love it when they are in bloom and you can see sunflowers for part of the driveway. Our driveway is about 1/4 mile to the house, so it's a lot of sunflowers. I save the seeds to feed to my chickens and for recipes like this one.
The pineapple juice acts like a natural chemical peel, so it removes dead skin cells. If your skin is very dry or needs refreshed, use this once a week. The sunflower seeds have an oil in them that helps nourish your skin.
Pineapple and Sunflower Facial Scrub Recipe
What You Need
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice (fresh is best)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed meal
- Mortar and pestle
- Use the mortar and pestle to mash fresh, peeled pineapple. Strain the juice.
- Grind sunflower seeds with a coffee mill or mortar and pestle. It should be like a coarse flour.
- Combine pineapple juice and sunflower seed meal to form a paste. Add more liquid as needed.
- Spread on your face and neck. Let sit for 10 minutes and rinse.
This pineapple and sunflower recipe is called a scrub, but it's too coarse to scrub your face. The pineapple juice exfoliates without scrubbing.
Want to get recipes like this delivered to your inbox? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow me on Blog Lovin- links below.