I love this recipe because you can customize it for your skin type. It takes about 10 minutes to make the scrub, but you can store it for later. Just store the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredient when you're ready to use it.
This face scrub recipe doesn't remove dirt or makeup from your skin, so wash your face first. After you use the scrub, use your favorite moisturizer.
Links below may be affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission from sales.
All Purpose Facial Scrub
What You Need
- 1/2 cup ground oatmeal
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed meal
- 1 teaspoon ground peppermint, spearmint, or rosemary leaves
- dash if cinnamon powder (optional)
- Purified water for oily skin, milk or normal skin, or cream for dry skin
- Mortar and pestle
- Use a mortar and pestle to grind the oatmeal, almonds, and sunflower seeds if you are using them whole. Measure the ingredients after crushing.
- Crush your choice of herbal ingredients.
- Add cinnamon if desired.
- Store the dry ingredients in a glass or plastic container.
To use, mix 2 to 3 teaspoons of the dry ingredients with enough liquid to make a paste. Let it sit for 1 or 2 minutes to thicken.
Gently massage on your face and neck for several minutes. You can also use this all purpose facial scrub all over your body. Rinse well.