This is a great face mask for many types of skin. The papaya has a slight bleaching action, so it can correct uneven skin tone over time if you use it regularly. Papaya and pineapple both contain enzymes that dissolve proteins, so this papaya face mask recipe will exfoliate dead skin cells.
Large pores are genetic, and there isn't much that you can do to permanently shrink them. However, dead skin cells and oils can collect in your pores can not only cause acne but also make pores look larger. Removing dead skin cells with masks like this one can make pores appear smaller for several days. You will need to repeat this every few days to keep your skin looking its best.
Like all masks, don't use on sunburned or irritated skin.
Links in this post may be affiliate links. I earn a commission from sales, but it doesn't cost you any more to shop with these links. Thanks for supporting Everything Pretty!
Papaya No More Pores Face Mask
What You Need
- 1/4 cup fresh papaya
- 1 teaspoon pineapple juice
- Mortar and pestle
- Peel and seed the papaya.
- Mash the papaya with a mortar and pestle until it is smooth.
- Combine papaya and pineapple juice.
- Spread over face and neck with your fingers.
- Lie down for 15 to 20 minute. The papaya mask is runny, so lie on a towel to protect furniture.
- Let the mask sit for 20 minutes before rinsing.
Your skin will tingle while the papaya face mask works because of the acids in the papaya and the pineapple.
If you have extra time, follow this mask with a clay mask.
Photo from Master Isolated Images / freedigitalphotos.net
Get posts delivered to your inbox daily or weekly. Subscribe now!