If you have large pores, you can probably blame your parents. Unfortunately, nothing can permanently shrink pore size, but you can make them appear smaller. Scrubbing your face with gentle exfoliators helps remove dead skin cells and oil that collect in your pores. When your pores are clean, they look smaller. I usually have to use a deep pore cleaner recipe like this one once a week, but you might to use it more often.
Just be careful not to do too much at a time. If you exfoliate, wait a day or two before you use a mask. Don't do both on the same day because you could irritate your skin.
Personally, I like using the tomato. But I will use the cucumber if I have it for another recipe. Cucumber are calming, so they are better if you have sensitive skin.
This mask is very soothing and has a slight astringent, so it will remove excess oil. You can also use this as a scrub too.
This post may contain affiliate links. By using these links, you help support my blog.
DIY Deep Pore Cleaner Recipe
What You Need
- 1/4 medium tomato or cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond meal
- 1 teaspoon ground oatmeal
- 1 teaspoons sunflower seed meal
- 1/4 teaspoon jojoba oil, olive oil, or apricot kernel oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Strainer or cheesecloth
- Place tomato or cucumber in blender with a tablespoon of water. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Strain the mixture and save the liquid.
- Combine the liquid from the tomato or cucumber with the meals and oils to form a paste.
- Spread on your face and neck as thick as possible. Let sit for 20 minutes before rinsing.
Photo via panpote / freedigitalphotos.net
Get posts delivered to your inbox daily or weekly. Subscribe now!