I love this mask for two reasons: It is soothing on sunburned skin and because I can so much applesauce each year. You're supposed to use fresh applesauce, but I use my home canned or frozen applesauce. I don't add sugar or anything except water and apples, so it is safe. Be careful using store bought applesauce because many varieties have high fructose corn syrup and sugar added. Look for a natural version that contains only water and apples. Making your own is even better.
To make applesauce, peel, core, and seed the apples. Simmer in a little bit of water until mushy and mash with a fork or run in the food processor. If you have a food mill, it makes it even easier to make your own applesauce!
This moisturizing face mask is perfect for dry or sensitive skin. It's also very soothing for sunburned or wind damaged skin.
Links below may be affiliate links. By using these links to shop, you help support my blog.
DIY Applesauce and Wheat Germ Moisturizing Mask Recipe
What You Need
- 2 teaspoons fresh applesauce
- 2 teaspoons raw wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon apricot kernel oil or sweet almond oil
- Mix applesauce and wheat germ and let sit for 5 minutes. Do not mix the oil in yet.
- Spread the applesauce and wheat germ mixture on your face. This mask can get messy, so you'll want to pull your hair back before you apply it.
- Lie down on a towel and let the mask sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse well.
- Follow by applying the oil to your face and neck. Massage the oil in to your skin for several minutes. Remove excess oil with a tissue.
Photo via graur codrin / freedigitalphotos.net
Get posts delivered to your inbox daily or weekly. Subscribe now!