This is a really neat recipe because it is so easy! We grow strawberries on the farm, so I have a surplus for a few weeks. It only takes a few berries, so it's easy to make this up when you buy a pack of berries no matter what time of the year it is.
Strawberries are a great natural astringent, so it will help get your face clean and dissolve oil. They are also a natural bleach, so it could help with uneven skin tone and dark spots.
This strawberry facial cleanser recipe is best for days that you wear light or no makeup. It's not effective at removing a lot of makeup or excess oil.
You can also use leftover berries to make a natural toothpaste! This strawberry tooth whitener has a few extra ingredients, but you can use this recipe on your teeth as well.
Strawberry Facial Cleanser Recipe
What You Need
- 4 very ripe strawberries with stems removed and sliced
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil (optional)
- Mortar and pestle or bowl and fork
- Using a mortar and pestle or a fork, mash the berries until smooth.
- Press the pulp through cheesecloth and catch the juice.
- Add essential oil if desired
- Apply the juice to your face and neck using your fingers or a soft cotton cloth. Massage for 1 minute before rinsing.
I can't wait for strawberry season for fresh desserts and jam, but I will be saving a few berries for this easy strawberry facial cleanser recipe!