White clay is a gentle clay that draws out impurities and exfoliates your skin. Oatmeal soothes your skin while it exfoliates.
If you grow lavender or roses, you can dry your own and use them. If not, you use click on the link to buy them. They are affiliate links, so I earn a small commission on sales. Thanks for supporting my blog.
Lavender and Rose Facial Cleanser Recipe
What You Need
- 1/2 cup white clay
- 1/3 cup finely ground oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon powdered lavender buds
- 1 tablespoon powdered rose petals
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops rose geranium essential oil
- Place all of the ingredients except the oils in to a plastic bag. Shake well.
- Add essential oils one drop at a time. Shake to mix well.
- Pour in to a container.
To use as a facial cleanser, place 2 tablespoons powdered cleanser in your hand or in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons water or cream. Mix well and let rest for 1 minute to thicken. Gently wash your face using a cotton washcloth or your fingers.
To use as a facial mask, mix as directed above. Spread all over your face and throat, avoiding the eye area. Gently massage in a circular motion and let sit for 1 minute before rinsing.
I like to use this as a cleanser every day and as a mask once a week. You could also use your regular cleanser every day and use this as a mask once a week.
There is no need to store this in the fridge since it doesn't have any water in it.
If you make this, please let me know in the comments. I love to hear feedback!