Hair loss is more common in men, but hair loss is a problem for some women. Thinning hair is more difficult to style, and many women suffer from lower self-esteem and confidence because of this condition. If your hair is thinning, talk to your doctor. These natural treatments for thinning hair can help stop or reverse hair loss in women.
What Causes Thinning Hair?
According to the Mayo Clinic, hair loss in women can be caused by one of the following:
- Certain illnesses or conditions
If you think your thinning hair might be caused by a medical condition, see your doctor for tests.
Here are several things you can do at home to stimulate hair growth. Not all of these will work for every women because hair loss in women can be caused by so many different things, so you might need to try a few different remedies.
It sounds crazy, but it works for many women. Onions contain sulfur, which can stimulate collagen production. Collagen makes hair stronger and fuller. Cut an onion and run the fresh onion on your scalp for 10 minutes. Don't worry--you can wash your hair afterwards!
Tea Tree Oil
Stimulate your scalp by rubbing a few drops of tea tree oil on it several times a week.
Rosemary essential oil is said to stimulate hair growth.
A tried and true remedy for hair loss in women is to wash you hair with beer.
- Wash your hair as usual and rinse with warm water.
- Massage about 3 ounces of beer in to your scalp and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and repeat with another 3 ounces of beer.
- Comb the beer through your hair and let dry. The smell will go away quickly, so you won't smell like beer all day.