You'll make this recipes completely from scratch, so there are some ingredients that are a little harder to find. Try your local health food store or follow the links to buy from Amazon. The rosemary needles can be found in bulk food stores and most grocery stores with the spices. Just be sure not to get ground rosemary because it is too small to strain out of the milk. This recipe is worth it. I promise.
Before we get to the recipe, I have some exciting news! I'm having my first giveaway next week. I've had my blog almost a year, and I just got it redesigned a few months ago. After weeks of tweaking it, I'm ready to show it off. I put together some popular ingredients and 10 of my most popular recipes. Keep checking back for details or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to be the first to know.
DIY Cooling Peppermint Foot Lotion Recipe
What You Need
- 1 cup milk
- Handful of peppermint leaves
- 2 tablespoons rosemary needles
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Bring the milk, peppermint leaves, and rosemary needles to a boil over medium high heat.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Strain to remove peppermint leaves and rosemary needles.
- Add 3 drops peppermint essential oil.
- Pour in to a mason jar or other glass bottle.
- Rub on your feet twice a day or after standing on your feet a while.
- Will last in the fridge up to 4 weeks.
This is a relatively easy recipe, and it doesn't take a lot of time. Your feet will thank you for the extra moisture and the cooling peppermint.
Photo from tiverylucky / freedigitalphotos.net