Calming Facial Lotion Recipe
- 4 tablespoons witch hazel
- 4 tablespoons rose water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops rose geranium oil
- Combine all ingredients in a small glass bottle and shake to mix.
- Apply a few drops to your face twice a day after cleansing.
- Use within a few weeks to prevent spoilage.
Some people with sensitive skin can not tolerate witch hazel but find that mixing it with rose water helps. If you are still sensitive to the witch hazel, use all rose water for this facial lotion recipe.
Lavender essential oil is said to have antimicrobial properties. Acne is caused by bacteria in the pores of your skin, so this lotion could prevent or treat acne.
Some people also find that lemon juice can heal acne blemishes, but this hasn't been proven. If it irritates your skin, you can omit this ingredient in this facial lotion for sensitive skin recipe.