DIY Powder Foundation Recipe
What You Need
1. Place 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or corn starch and 1 tablespoon green clay in a bowl.
2. Add nutmeg, cinnamon, or cocoa powder until you get the desired shade.
3. Write down which ingredients you used and how much of each one.
Green clay is optional, but it works very well to hide redness. You can omit it if desired.
*Arrowroot powder vs corn starch?
Arrowroot is hard to find locally--I live in Amish country with bulk food stores on every street, and I still can't find it. UPDATE: I can now find it at a bulk food store! Cornstarch is found at any grocery store, so it may be an option for you.
Which is better? I get better results with arrowroot powder, but cornstarch does work. If you are going to make liquid foundation, I really recommend arrowroot powder. Cornstarch will work, but I do notice a bigger difference between the two when making liquid.
The processing methods are very different. If you are concerned about using chemicals on your body, read this article about the differences.
DIY Liquid Foundation Recipe
What You Need
1. In a double boiler, melt coconut oil while stirring.
2. Add vitamin E oil if desired.
3. Place a tablespoon of powder foundation in a separate bowl.
4. Slowly add coconut oil and vitamin E oil until you reach the desired consistency. Add more oil for a lighter foundation and less for a heavy foundation.
Making concealer? Just add a small amount of oil to the powder for a concentrated formula.
|How to Make Concealer|
|How to Make Cream Eyeshadow|
|DIY Makeup Setting Spray||Carrier Oils & Their Benefits||How to Tighten Skin Under Eyes||Purple Hair Care|