1. Most women and stylists agree that it's better to dye hair when it's a little dirty. The dye will work even with styling products, and the color seems to work better. Ask your stylist before your next appointment.
2. Invest in a good shampoo and conditioner. Ones created for color treated hair care are best, but you can also use your favorite combo if it is moisturizing. Avoid dandruff shampoos or clarifying shampoos because they can strip the color.
3. Even with the best shampoos for color treated hair, your hair will need a pick me up once in a while. Try a hair mask like this Pumpkin Hair Mask, Coconut Hair Mask, or this Easy DIY Hair Mask for Damaged Hair.
4. After you shampoo and condition your hair, rinse it with cool water. It helps seal the hair shaft, which makes your hair look smoother. Cooler water also helps your color last longer.
5. The more you wash your hair, the more your color will fade. Try washing your hair every other day or even every three days. Use a dry shampoo if needed between washings.
6. Argan oil is great for color treated hair. Use a spray or apply a few drops of the oil to your hair daily.
7. Protect your hair from heat by using a heat protection spray. I make my own heat protection spray, so I either skin the argan oil or spray very lightly so I don't have too much oil on my hair.
8. After you shampoo and condition your hair, rinse with a 1:1 diluted mixture of apple cider vinegar and water. It will help your hair shine!
Follow these 8 tips for color treated hair care for beautiful, long-lasting color.