How Long Does Makeup Last?
- Some liquid foundations are good for 18 months, but it's best to use them for about a year before tossing them if they are oil-free.
- Powder blush is good for 2 years, but cream blush is only good for 1 year.
- Lipsticks are usually safe for two years.
- Only keep mascara for 3 months after you open it. Since the product is applied so close to your eye, you can transfer bacteria from your eye to the tube and back to your eye again. Toss before 3 months are up if the product starts to get dry. Do not add water to wet it again.
- You can safely use an eye pencil for 2 years because you sharpen the point before each application.
- Powder eyeshadow is generally safe for 2 years, but liquid will only last 1 year. (If you get an eye infection, toss your makeup and buy a replacement to use once the infection clear.)
- Keep your makeup brushes clean by washing them regularly.
- Write the date that you opened the product on the product or in a notebook.
- Keep lids closed tightly after use.
- Store makeup in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Toss makeup right away if it becomes discolored or starts to have an odor.
Now that you know how long does makeup lasts, do you need to clean your makeup bag?