I love this recipe so much, I used it for several years. The only reason I stopped was because we moved to a home with the master bedroom on the second floor, and this DIY hair gel recipe must be kept in the fridge. I recently started using it again for my curls and to spike my son's hair. I love that I'm not using any chemicals on his little body, and it washes right now! No product buildup or other gunk weighing down my hair!
DIY Hair Gel Recipe
What You Need
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup water
Container with a lid
1. Add 1/2 cup warm water to container.
2. Ad 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin.
3. Stir until completely dissolved, and then stir some more. You should stir for 3-5 minutes.
4. Place in fridge until set.
5. Use like you would hair gel.
Use 1/4 teaspoon for a light hold.
Use 1/2 teaspoon for a very strong hold. This much will make your hair stiff, but it washes right out.
This recipe must be stored in the fridge! Use within two weeks.
For more great recipes, follow DIY Beauty Recipes on Pinterest!