DIY Herbal Facial Steam Recipe
What You Need
2 quarts of water
1 cup dried herbs (see below)
1. Boil water in the pot.
2. Add herbs to the water, cover, and turn off heat.
3. Let steep for two minutes, then stir and remove the pot from the heat source.
4. Place pot on counter or table. Be sure to use a hot pad and be careful moving the pot.
5. With your face at least 6 inches away from the pot, drape a towel over your head to make a tent. If the steam is too hot, move your face further from the pot.
6. Try to steam your face for 10 minutes, but if it not comfortable for any reason, stop immediately.
Dry skin - Lavender, Rose, Comfrey, Chamomile
Normal skin - Lavender, Rose, Calendula, Lemon Balm
Oily skin - Sage, Rosemary